- Level: Early Career
- Start date: As soon as possible
Big Data Analyst - User Profiling
Join our User Profiling team and help improve the personalized user experience of trivago. We are looking for someone who will crunch big data coming from our website usage, and provide valuable insights to understand the preferences of our visitors. We are also interested in extreme stories and amazing visualization of user behavioral patterns. You will be able to evaluate how your contribution helps millions of users to find their ideal hotel on a global platform. Our team offer a great freedom to develop your skills according to your interests, bringing fresh ideas to our solutions.
What you'll do:
- Understand the functionality of our website and the complete dataflow from logging to user profiling and hotel matching.
- Crunch behavioral data of millions of daily visitors in our data clusters.
- Perform data analysis and visualization to extract insights and find most typical behavioral patterns.
- Propose compact measures that reflect the user preference and satisfaction.
- Contribute to the design of predictive methods which will allow us to provide a better tailored experience to the users.
- Work in a cross-functional team with Data Engineers, Data Scientists and Software Engineers.
- Have the opportunity to propose and apply innovative techniques for user profiling problem.
What you'll definitely need:
- An academic degree (at least B.Sc.) in Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics, Physics, Engineering or equivalent.
- At least 1 years of experience in data analysis and visualization, ideally in a distributed data environment.
- Solid knowledge of SQL and query optimization.
- Hands-on experience of one scripting language for data analysis, preferably Python or R.
- Familiar with MapReduce for data crunching (e.g. Hive, Impala, Pig).
- Analytical mindset, ability to look deep into the data.
- Excellent presentation and storytelling skills.
- Feeling comfortable communicating in English on a daily basis.
What we'd love you to have:
- Hands-on experience with a BI Tool (e.g. Tableau, Power BI, QlikView).
- Experience with NoSQL databases (e.g. DynamoDB, Cassandra, MongoDB).
- Experience with distributed computing frameworks (e.g. Spark, H2O, Mahout).
- Experience with machine learning technologies, recommender systems and user modeling approaches.
- Working experience in traveling industry.
Life at trivago is...
- The belief that factual proof, not seniority, determines which path to take.
- Self-determined working hours based on measuring productivity through goals rather than number of hours spent in the office.
- Being supported in all your needs, including relocation assistance and language classes for international arrivals.
- The freedom to embrace small-scale failures as a path to large-scale success.
- The opportunity to develop personally and professionally with regular free workshops, seminars, sports and activities.
- The ability to push your ideas through to execution without being held back by bureaucracy.
- Working at our head office in Düsseldorf, a city boasting the 6th highest quality of life in the world for expats.
- To find out more about life at trivago follow us on Facebook – @lifeattrivago
- Please note that your CV and motivation letter must be written in English. Please also note that all applications must be made online. We do not accept physical applications and any documents sent to us will not be returned.
- This is a fixed term position of 1 year with a long-term perspective.
- We do not require the services of an agency for this position.
- trivago GmbH is an equal opportunity employer. Applications from individuals with disabilities are welcome.