Student Job – Geographical Data
Content - Düsseldorf, Germany
- Level: Student Job (max 20hrs/week)
- Start date: As soon as possible
Student Job - Geographical Data
Are you a pirate-level master of maps? We’re looking for an enthusiastic and detail-driven Geography lover to join our World Domain team, to help ensure the high quality of our geographical data. If this sounds like you, apply today me-hearty!
What you'll do:
- Manual Geocode mining.
- Polygon digitalisation.
- Geo-data bugs handling.
What you'll definitely need:
- Knowledge of desktop GIS (Quantum GIS).
- You are studying Geography.
- Expert attention to detail and high focus.
- Experience with spreadsheet software (Excel, LibreOffice).
- Basic knowledge of SQL.
- To speak fluent English (our company language).
What we'd love you to have:
- Chinese language skills would be a plus but not mandatory for the role.
- Knowledge of spatial SQL.
- knowledge of Database systems (PostgreSQL/PostGIS).
- Basic programming skills.
Life at trivago is...
- The belief that factual proof, not seniority, determines which path to take.
- Self-determined working hours based on measuring productivity through goals rather than number of hours spent in the office.
- Being supported in all your needs, including relocation assistance and language classes for international arrivals.
- The freedom to embrace small-scale failures as a path to large-scale success.
- The opportunity to develop personally and professionally with regular free workshops, seminars, sports and activities.
- The ability to push your ideas through to execution without being held back by bureaucracy.
- Working at our head office in Düsseldorf, a city boasting the 6th highest quality of life in the world for expats.
- To find out more about life at trivago follow us on Facebook – @lifeattrivago
- Please note that your CV and motivation letter must be written in English. Please also note that all applications must be made online. We do not accept physical applications and any documents sent to us will not be returned.
- This is a 6 months fixed-term position.
- We do not require the services of an agency for this position.
- trivago GmbH is an equal opportunity employer. Applications from individuals with disabilities are welcome.